BBQ is always a good idea and a nice opportunity for friends and family to come together.
From the moment you start making the bbq shopping list, you can think about your vegetarian or vegan friends. There are more than a few in every party.
You can prepare for them skewers with tofu and vegetables or with mastelo cheese and vegetables and a sour cream from cashews to accompany them. Your friends will be really surprised and you will take the credit as an awesome and a well -informed hostess.
Make enough as even by non-vegetarian or non-vegan ones will usually try them.
For the Skewers you will need:
- Tofu or/and mastelo cheese.
- Colorful vegetables: red, yellow, green pepper, sweet potato, zucchini, baby tomato.
- Salt, pepper.
- Your favourite Spices: cumin, turmeric, etc.
Instructions for the Skewers:
- Cut the tofu and the vegetables into pieces.
- You can roll the tofu pieces into turmeric or cumin or even basil pesto.
- Mix with the vegetables, add salt and pepper, and put them on the skewers (see the photos).
- Spread some olive oil with a cook brush on them and put them on the fire.
- Be careful not to let them dry, in 10-15 minutes they will be ready!!
For the Cashews Sour Cream:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup soya yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp apple vinegar
- Grated lemon
Instructions for the Sour Cream:
- Soak the cashews for 20 min in hot water.
- Then mix them with the rest ingredients into a blender until the cream is smooth.
- If it is needed, you can add some water.
- Let them cool in the fridge before you serve.