I am in love with the sweet potatoes, that are particularly healthy and nutritious. I usually cook them with stuffed tomatoes and peppers in the oven, with peas, fresh green beans, eggplants, and in other traditional Greek recipes.
I made my rest family love them too, with the way you will find described below. Crispy sweet potatoes like the famous fresh fries, but from the oven, a more healthy, and fewer calories choice as they are not fried in the olive oil.
- Wash the sweet potatoes with their peel very well and cut them the same way with fresh fries. (one piece of medium size per person).
- Leave them to boil for 6-8 minutes in a kettle with water that is boiling.
- Drain them very well.
- Put them on a baking pan with baking paper, not squeezed and add salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs.
- Drizzle olive oil over them (not more than 1-2 tablespoons).
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for an hour till they become crispy. In the last 10-15 minutes increase the heat at 200 degrees.
The sweet potatoes fries from the oven is a different but nutritional approach of comfort food, ideally combined with your kale chips on movie nights or in bbq buffet-style gatherings with your friends.