The idea of ‘loaded’ baked sweet potatoes or otherwise stuffed baked sweet potatoes gives you another chance to freestyle at your kitchen, letting your imagination free to create with anything left in your refrigerator or your cupboards, an alternative but always healthy meal for lunch or dinner.
The idea is simple.
While the sweet potatoes are being baked, you prepare their load. You cut various vegetables into smaller pieces like peppers, bell peppers, onions, zucchinis, mushrooms, carrots, anything you have, or like, and then you soften them into the saute pan for 10 minutes using a vegetable broth. In the end, you can add a few boiled chickpeas or beans or lentils, if there are already leftovers.
For the avocado cream you will need:
- 1/2 ripe avocado (for each sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 3-5 tablespoons water
- salt, pepper, lemon zest or ginger
Instructions: Mash the avocado with a fork and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix them softly till they reach a creamy texture.
To bake the sweet potatoes, follow the below steps:
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
- Wash the sweet potatoes with their jacket on very well, make some holes with a fork (6-8 holes at each potato), and place them into a baking sheet with a baking paper.
- Baste them with olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake them at 200 degrees Celcius almost an hour till they become crispy outside and soft inside. You can increase at 220 degrees C in the last 15 minutes.
- When they are ready, take them out of the oven, open them lengthwise with a knife, and fluff their inside up with a spoon.
- Fill the baked sweet potatoes with their load and drizzle them with the avocado cream.