For years I have been the boring person in my family, as I would always take out my bag of almonds, raisins, and 2-3 pieces of dark chocolate during the movie or tv family time while everyone else was enjoying without any guilt their popcorn, nachos & chips.
As a real healthy diet fan, I was not allowed to be jealous or indulge even once! But to tell you the truth, these moments demand something crispy, a little bit spicy and crunchy.
So I discovered Kale Chips my new love and the way to make them on my own using the spices of my choice! The recipe is easy, quick and it doesn’t cost a fortune to make (as we most know the prepacked kale chips which you can buy in the supermarkets are quite expensive).
Kale is the King of greens, rich in calcium, vitamins A, C, and K which are considered to be the most antioxidant vitamins. It is also a very good source of fiber, potassium, manganese, iron, and copper. And it has some serious anti-cancer properties!
See below how you can make them at home:
1. Wash the kale and drain it well.
2. Cut it into smaller pieces
3. Massage the pieces lightly with 1tsp of olive oil and the spices you love (some good choices are: salt, pepper, sweet or spicy paprika, chilly, curry or a mixture of them).
4. Put a baking paper on an oven tray and place the chips.
5. Place it into the oven for 10-15 minutes at 175 C (fan)
6. They are ready!! Enjoy them without any guilt: they are crispy, they are chips and they have no calories!!!