Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread.
The beauty of this banana bread recipe is you don’t need a fancy mixer! A mixing bowl, a fork to whisk the eggs and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter are all you need. You can mix everything in one bowl, you can even vary the amount of honey or bananas
You can adjust the taste of the bread by tossing in a cup of chopped nuts, raisins, blueberries or chocolate chips if you want, or put the batter into muffin tins and make banana nut muffins instead. You can even go a step further and make chocolate banana bread by adding cacao.
You can also check the nutrition facts on the table below, which corresponds to 1 serving if you cut the bread in 18 servings.
- 2 & 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Honey or Agave Syrup (or less)
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas (the bananas will be mashed)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Mix of Chopped Nuts (walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds etc.) – or raisins, blueberries, chocolate chips, peanut butter
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Loaf Pan (4×8)
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Butter the loaf pan (using butter or coconut oil).
3) Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & soda) on the big bowl.
4) Mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
5) Beat the Eggs on the medium bowl & add the remaining liquid ingredients (honey, yogurt, mashed bananas).
6) Add the liquid mix to the large bowl and mix well.
7) Add the nuts and stir well (or raisins, blueberries, chocolate chips, peanut butter.
8) Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan (it will be a bit liquid). Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
9) Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.
*You can check if the bread is ready by inserting a knife at the centre of the bread and if it comes out clean the cake banana bread is ready.
*Depending on your oven the almond flour may get a brownish quickly before the banana bread is ready. In that case add an aluminium foil oven the loaf pan.
* When the bread has cooled you can cut it in slices wrap it with beeswax wraps or place in a sealed container and it will last 4-5 days outside the fridge. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)
* Traditionally it is eaten warm with melted butter. Once the bread has cooled and sliced, you heat one slice in a toaster/grill and you can add a small piece of butter on top which will melt.